PROFESSIONAL PURCHASE PROGRAM TERMS & CONDITIONS
PROFESSIONAL PURCHASE PROGRAM TERMS & CONDITIONS
By completing the application to participate in Columbia’s Professional Purchase Program, you accept these Terms and Conditions of Participation and the Columbia Sportswear Web Site Terms and Conditions. To learn more about Columbia’s Web Site Terms & Conditions, please click here. Columbia reserves the right to decline your application.
The following organizations are not eligible to participate in Columbia’s Professional Purchase Program:
- Political organizations/persons
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Organizations that discriminate against race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, handicaps, and sexual preference.
- Third party distributors
1. Program Qualification. To qualify for this program, you must submit an online application providing proof of employment in the outdoor, broadcast or event management industry. You must provide a scanned copy of at least one of the following documents evidencing your current credentials:
- Guide License (if applicable in your state) or proof of professional status (i.e., e-mail address, business card, etc.)
- The Professional Purchase Program pricing is confidential and may not be disclosed by you to anyone who is not an active member of the Pro Purchase Program.
- Your total combined purchases may not exceed $10,000 at Professional Purchase Program prices annually.
- Products purchased through this program are for your professional use only (no friends or family purchases allowed). Resale of products is strictly prohibited. Any resale of products or purchases for people other than you or your professional staff may result in an immediate termination from the program.
- Professional Purchase Program pricing may not be combined with any other offer or discount.
- A separate Columbia online account must be set up to shop Columbia.com for non-Professional Purchase Program purchases including purchases you make for friends and family.
- Orders must be placed directly on Columbia.com while logged on to the site and are limited to available inventory. Columbia currently accepts VISA, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal and Discover credit cards.
- Shipping charges will apply. Columbia will only ship orders within the United States.
- You are responsible for all sales, use, or value-added taxes associated with the products you purchase from us.
- You obtain no right or title to any of our trademarks or other intellectual property.
- You agree not to alter or cover the Columbia logo in any way.
- You will not act in any wholesale capacity to resell the merchandise purchased through this Program.
- We will not be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, exemplary or consequential damages of any kind sustained from any cause of action relating to our sale of products or agreement to sell products to you.
- We may modify these terms and conditions from time to time upon advance written notice to you. By subsequently placing an order with us or accepting our merchandise, you acknowledge and agree that you accept such modification.
3. Returns. If you end up with a product that's not quite right, just send it back to us in its unworn, original condition within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. The product cannot be returned or exchanged if it has been extra-embellished with your company or organization’s logo. For more information on returns, click here.
4. Your Obligations. As consideration for participation in the Professional Purchase Program, you agree to:
- Wear Columbia products while working, when appropriate.
- At Columbia’s request, provide Columbia with at least one action photo or video showing you in Columbia gear.
- Provide certain personal, demographic, business and employment information and product feedback from time to time as requested by Columbia that will only be used internally by Columbia.
5. Media Rights and Publicity. If images or video are provided by you to Columbia, you grant Columbia and its subsidiaries, affiliates, and license and exclusive, irrevocable license to use, alter, adapt, publish, distribute, copy, exhibit, display, market, promote, advertise, publicize, and otherwise exploit your name, photograph, video, likeness, written and other information and materials that you may provide to Columbia, as well as additional photographs, video footage, and other images that Columbia might take of you, whole or in part, in any manner and for whatever purpose Columbia shall elect, in any and all languages, and in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed, including but not limited to website, television, radio and/or printed materials, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation notification or permission. You shall not claim or be entitled to receive any compensation or credit for such use. You represent and warrant that Columbia’s use of any images or materials as provided hereunder shall not violate or infringe upon rights of any third parties, including any trademark, patent, copyright or other intellectual property right.
6. Relationship of Parties. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to create any legal relationship between you and Columbia Sportswear, including, but not limited to that of employer-employee, principal-agent, partner, a sponsorship relationship or a joint venture.
7. Termination. Columbia has the right to suspend or terminate a member’s account at any time if we believe the member is abusing the program or no longer employed in the industry. Columbia has the right to periodically contact a member’s “proof of employment” to verify employment. Columbia reserves the right to cancel your outstanding orders and refuse to accept further orders from you at any time and for any reason in its sole discretion. In addition, Columbia reserves the right to terminate or modify the terms and conditions of the Professional Purchase Program at any time, and your purchase of products under the Professional Purchase Program will constitute your acceptance of the modification. Each party’s respective obligations under Sections 2(a) Confidentiality of Pricing and 5 Media Rights and Publicity shall survive the termination of your involvement in the Pro Purchase Program for any reason.
8. Renewal. Continued participation in the Professional Purchase Program will require online annual renewal and demonstration of qualifications. You will receive notification when your account has expired.