COLUMBIA EMAIL SIGNUP GIVEAWAY OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: COLUMBIA EMAIL SIGNUP GIVEAWAY (“Giveaway”) is open only to individuals who are (a) legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) (b) at least eighteen (18) years of age and the age of majority in their province at the time of entry who (c) sign up to receive emails from Sponsor for the first time. Individuals who signed up to receive emails from Sponsor before the Entry Period or employees or contractors of Sponsor, a competitor of Sponsor, or any of their affiliate companies, shareholders, subsidiaries, agents, distributors, wholesalers, retailers, or advertising and promotional agencies, as well as the spouse, parents, siblings, children and household members of any such employee or contractor, are not eligible. The Drawing is subject to all provincial and local laws and regulations and is void outside of Canada and where prohibited by law.
- SPONSOR: The Drawing is sponsored by Columbia Sportswear Canada Ltd 14375 N.W. Science Park Drive, Portland, OR 97229] (“Sponsor”).
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Drawing constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Drawing. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein in a timely manner.,
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Drawing begins on November 1, 2014 at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Standard time and ends on November 30th, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s clock is the official timekeeping device for the Drawing.
- ENTRY: During the Entry Period, visit http://www.columbiasportswear.ca and provide your email address for marketing email distribution. Email sign up is free and no purchase is required to enter or win. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. If you enter or attempt entry more than once or by any means except as permitted in these Official Rules, your entry will be voided and you will be ineligible for this Drawing. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void.
- DRAWING; ODDS: Within one week following the end of the Entry Period, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential winner from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor during the Entry Period (the “Drawing”). Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner by email within seven (7) days of the Drawing. If a potential winner cannot be reasonably contacted, verified or confirmed after two (2) attempts (and further attempts at Sponsor’s sole discretion), a prize is declined, or a potential winner is not eligible for award of a prize for whatever reason, an alternate potential winner will be randomly selected by Sponsor from all eligible entries. Only eight (8) alternate potential winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize may remain unawarded in Sponsor’s discretion, subject to applicable law. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Drawing, including but not limited to eligibility and winner selection.
- REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNER: POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THIS DRAWING. YOU ARE NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL YOUR ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND YOU HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. Except where prohibited, potential winners will be required to correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill-testing question and timely complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and release (including a declaration of compliance with these Official Rules), a form for tax reporting purposes, a comprehensive liability waiver and publicity release (including waivers of any intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights), and/or other documents requested by Sponsor, verifying compliance with these Official Rules, accepting the prize and offered, and further acknowledging and agreeing to the terms of the rights, limitation of liability, disclaimers and releases set forth in part herein. If a potential winner fails to answer the skill-testing question correctly within the time allotted, or if other requirements are not met, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner will be randomly selected by Sponsor from all eligible entries as provided above. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use winner’s name, city, state, likeness, and prize information for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where and to the extent prohibited by law.
- ONE PRIZE: Prize is an EVAPOURATION™ JACKET. Approximate retail value: $129.99 CAD. Prize is nontransferable, non-refundable, and cannot be redeemed for cash or credit, in whole or in part. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, express or implied. Winners are responsible for payment of all applicable taxes, costs, fees and expenses associated with receipt of a prize. Sales tax, surcharges and shipping charges may apply when prize is redeemed.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, or modify the Drawing if any fraud or other problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Drawing, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to select a winner from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment or Sponsor’s identification of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Drawing or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Drawing may be a violation of criminal and civil law and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. All activity arising out of and relating to the Drawing is subject to verification and auditing for compliance with the Official Rules and you agree to cooperate with Sponsor concerning verification and auditing. All references to an entrant’s status as a “winner” are subject to Sponsor verification and auditing. If verification activity or an audit evidences non-compliance of an entry or entrant with the Official Rules as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the entrant and remove the entry from the Drawing at any time.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMERS/RELEASE: The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for: (a) any inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or printing errors; (b) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Drawing; (c) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to electronic malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Drawing or the processing of entries; (e) lost, delayed, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, garbled, misdirected, mutilated, or undeliverable entries, all of which shall be void; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property including, but not limited to, death, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, as a result of your participation in the Drawing or receipt of any prize. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an internet service provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address. You may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. SPONSOR AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DISTRIBUTORS, AND RETAILERS, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, REPRESENTATIVES, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE DRAWING OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS PARTICIPATION, AWARD OF PRIZE OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES. RELEASED PARTIES OFFER NO ASSURANCES, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES THAT THE DRAWING WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE DRAWING. RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RELATED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE DRAWING, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARE DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL. BY ENTERING THE DRAWING AND/OR ACCEPTING A PRIZE, YOU AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE, INJURY OR LOSS TO PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH) OR PROPERTY RELATED IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY, USE BY A RELEASED PARTY OF ANY ENTRY, PARTICIPATION IN THE DRAWING, OR ANY OTHER CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST A RELEASED PARTY. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
- DISPUTES: Sponsor reserves the right to make all decisions in its sole discretion arising out of or relating to the Drawing, and the decisions of Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to the Drawing. Except where prohibited, you agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with the Drawing or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the province of Ontario; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Drawing, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c)under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of any other entrant or Sponsor in connection with the any portion of the Drawing, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the province of Ontario, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than province of Ontario. By participating in the Drawing, you agree that Ontario will be the exclusive forum for any formal dispute resolution.
- OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST: You may obtain the Drawing results and a copy of these Official Rules by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Columbia Sportswear, Request for Email Signup Giveaway Official Rules, Attn: Ecommerce International Marketing, 14375 N.W. Science Park Drive, Portland, OR 97229. Records may not be available beyond two years.